Child's Health At Risk

A family members daughter, who is very young, had her health at risk for the last 2 weeks. This child just had a birthday, got ill on her birthday, missed 7 days of school, and the pediatricians office still does not have the test results. This child could have had RSV, pneumonia, or COVID, and was never once prescribed anything, to help. In my opinion, this is a law suit. It does not take 2 weeks for test results on a child.
Yliana Lxl

| map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

This place sucks ***

First, they made me sick by having me take something for months and months. I was complaining about abdominal pain.

They refused to give me meds for the pain and suggested I go to the Er if it got worse. Well that's exactly where i ended up and was admitted for a three-day stay. Turns out my duodenum was peppered with very severe ulcers caused by their incompetent dispensing of a medicine that is only to be taken for 10 days, I was taking it for 5 or 6 months. The hospital gave me OXY for the pain, and now my PCP is refusing to refill my OXY.

Ok, what else can I take? She refuses to respond. In fact, everyone is not responding. And don't get me started on my post hospital advocate, what a mental case.

I would ask her about pain meds, and she threatened to drop my case if I brought it up again. Nice...so now I'm about to run out of meds it's been a month since my discharge and I did every test under the sun. Just a bunch of wasted time, and now I'm being ghosted.

Very professional...they picked the wrong guy to treat this way. GFY

Pros:
  • Very good at routine services
Cons:
  • Better hope you never need real help for a serious condition

Preferred solution: A competent doctor

User's recommendation: Dont walk , RUN !

Meloxicam

Guest

What med were you on for that long that was only supposed to be 10 days?

View more comments (1)
Laura C Rmi

Unbelievable incompetence

Original review Oct 04, 2023

My daughter has been dealing with SW Medical for MONTHS trying to schedule a biopsy on her thyroid gland. This started in May and it is now October.

She has been told she needed an ultrasound. Done. Then told she was being referred for a biopsy. Over a month later, she has now been told that her primary sent the referral for both sides of her thyroid and will need a revised one for just the right side.

Yesterday, she was informed that primary should have referred to an endocrinologist who would then order the biopsy.

NOW she is being told she needs more blood work which will be sent to endo before the endo determines whether she needs a biopsy.

The run around has been insane, all while my daughter is stressing about the fact that she may have a cancerous growth on her thyroid! Southwest medical, you have explaining to do.

Cons:
  • Giving patients the run around for months

Preferred solution: I would like to get an answer about why my daughter has been waiting to get a BIOPSY for MONTHS

User's recommendation: Don't use SW Medical if you want something done in a timely fashion

Joseph B Lnd

| map-marker Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Seeing new doctor today

I used to go to swm for years. Left because no matter the time of appointments or doctor being seen you always have to wait over 30-60 minutes past the appointment time. Avoid them at all cost!!! So now I must come here for a cardiology appointment. The tell me to be 15 minutes early. I showed up 30 minutes early. Now here waiting for 60 minutes for my doctor. About to leave

User's recommendation: Avoid this place at all cost!

Christa M Pij

Have not heard back and left several messages.

Had an appointment on Thursday, June 29th. Was greeted by the ladies at the front desk.

They were in the middle of a conversation and told me they would be right with me but I stood too close and could hear their conversations so they helped me right away as they didn't want me to hear them gossip. This kind of behavior is normally expected at McDonald's but not in a doctors office. After waiting for over and hour, I was finally seen by the nurse and doctor who had no knowledge of what my appointment was for and kept asking me for clues so they could figure out what to say. After the appointment my doctor assured me his scheduling secretary would call me for my urgently needed appointment.

I still have not received a call back so i left a voicemail. I feel like I am being discriminated against because I have medicaid and they may think I don't deserve prompt care because I have help with health insurance.

Now I am also scared that after reading this, they will retaliate and hurt me during my procedure. What can I do?

Pros:
  • Acceptance of medicaid
Cons:
  • No availability for appointment unprofessional staff etc

Preferred solution: An appointment and preferably a different doctor.

ldp

| map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

Canceled???

They canceled because of their incompetence and dyslexia office staff and never told us about cancellation.

User's recommendation: Watch out

Judy R Jgv
map-marker Mill Creek, Washington

APRN threatened to withhold asthma and ABT ear drops for chronic infection

Then theI went in for an annual and prescription refill on 5/20/2022 and saw Royal Bradley,APRN. I was asked by the nurse who checked me in if I wanted a neuro exam and a memory test at which point I told her I did not need a dementia test and a neuro exam.

The APRN waked in with an attitude and informed he could withhold my medications because I refused the tests. I informed him I am an RN employed by OptumCare doing prior authorization for the past 7.5 years and if I had memory problems I would be unable to do my job. I informed him I was asked if I wanted a neuro exam by the nurse, and said I would allow the neuro exam if it was part of the annual check up. Royal Bradley, APRN did fill my asthma and BP medications but did not fill my Antibiotic ear drops.

I pay hundreds of dollars for my Health Plan of Nevada POS insurance and my employer contributes monthly and I do not appreciate being threatened when I go in for my annual prescription refill appointment. As an RN for 28 Years I have never talked to a patient the way I was talked to.

At the end of the appointment the nurse comes in and tells me I dont have a PCP and need to get one, I looked at my HPN and was assigned Vivek Desai, MD on 5/20/2022. I expect a response from someone on this complaint .

Pros:
  • Hmmmm
Cons:
  • Everthing

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

This is the worst costumers service.

You have to spend hours and days till you will be able to make an appointment. On other thing is that, I'm having a pain R. Leg. They have done MRI, CT scan they don't know where the pain is coming from. They never , ever touch my leg to make an investigation. PA's they stayed with me only 10 minutes in the office and that's it. I told him why are you in the hurry he said the rest pain is for the next appointment. They don't care to treat you,they wants you to go every week if is possible. Don't RECOMAND THIS OFFICE ! I HAVE TO LOOK FOR ONOTHER
jack h Tun

| map-marker Henderson, Nevada

Angry

I received a bill for work done 3 and a half months earlier. Turns out they didn't submit it to my insurance. They owned up to it immediately. The PROBLEM: It took almost three hours of MY time to get someone to talk to. I called exactly at 8 am and was told there will be a 19-28 minute wait time. Offered me an option for them to call me, but wouldn't accept my phone number as valid. The first day I called, I waited a hour and twenty minutes before giving up. The next day I did the exact same thing and someone finally answered after a hour and thirty-eight minutes.

Preferred solution: More people to answer their phones and much shorter wait times. Or they can pay me for my lost time

User's recommendation: pray like *** you never have to call billing! I refuse to do anymore business with them and will change my insurance provider if they insist on teaming with these pathetic idiots who do not believe in customer service!

Roxanne C Fcl

Badly managed

I have a challenged brother and I am his primary care giver. He developed uncontrollable shakes and sweating.

I took him to see his primary doctor Michele Conger at the southwest medical Durango and Tropicana location. Dr Conger is a smart, caring and knowledgeable doctor. Her office staff on the other hand is just the opposite. There is constant miscommunication between departments.

I took my brother to be checked for the shakes and his sweats, they ordered blood and urine work. The test came back with some irregularities. At that point the doctor wanted to send him to a cancer specialist, this has happened before with him do to the amount of medication he is on. We retested him two weeks later and everything came back normal again, but he was still having shakes and sweating.

He sees a physiatrist for schizophrenia and his doctor wants him to see a neurologist to rule out Parkinsons disease. He has been waiting 3 months for a referral! Not an appointment but the referral, and every time I call theres another run around! We have to keep taking him for blood and urine because after two or there weeks they want new test, test that are RECENT !

The same thing keeps happening with the referral for a urologist. My brother has to use catheters because his bladder doesnt function properly. We have been waiting for these 2 referrals for over three months even though Dr Conger has ordered them at least twice while we where in the office. Someone is supposed to contact us with the referral, we wait to hear and no does.

We call and were told by the staff that they dont have the referral request from Do Conger even though we were there in the office when she placed the referral. The departments dont talk to each other and mean while we fall through the cracks! So frustrating. If we can find the time to make it to our appointments and go for our test and do our part so should you!

Shame on you! If we find out that he indeed does have Parkinsons and we had to wait all this time for a referral there will be legal action taken.

The other departments talk

Pros:
  • Labs on-site
  • Good doctors
  • Lots of locations
Cons:
  • Bad communication
  • Cant get appointments
  • Referral system needs to be restructured

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Use the okey location, they seem to be better at communicating with each other.

Maria A Yaa

Verified Reviewer

Referral dept. Irresponsible. Bad cust ser.

A referral was issued for a neurologist since 9/282021, due to COVID. I have been trying get help but i keep getting the eun around. Finally, yesterday I talked to Kalali who connected me to her Sr.Supervisor who tried to help and had a referral rep ,Kelly called me this with a dr's phone number , i tjought this matter was resolved but when I called the drs office that particular dr is not taking pts until January...i tried calling back 2xs today but after waiting almost an hour i get disconnected and have to start all over. I am on hold again for the 3rd time. I work at another medical center and I dont believe that none of our departments can get away with such disregard and disrespect to their patients/cust. Horrendous organization -stay away but far aways!!!

Preferred solution: I just want them to find me a Neurologist that is truly seen patients with 30 days...,not just give a phone number to get rid of me...

User's recommendation: I dont reccomend this organization

totsie b
map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

Boone s-cks almost died with misinformation

gave me bad info sent me to hospital for wrong there was nothing wrong and i was over medicated and almost died for no reason
Pros:
  • Hmmmm
Cons:
  • Dangerous
  • Poor patient service

User's recommendation: stay away from this ------ unless you want to suffer

Barbara P Xri

Unacceptable long phone hold

On hold for 1-1/2 hours with referral dept. If it continues with my next call, my next course of action is to file a complaint with the BBB.

Preferred solution: Less waiting time!

Guest

Lol @ BBB.. You sound like an idiot.

Long wait means you're not the only one calling.

Get a job there answering calls.. Problem solved.

Barbara P Xri
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2072214

You don't know me or my circumstances so I will not address your ignorance. Have a nice day.

View more comments (1)

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

Who may need the 4th vaccine? Is monkeypox dangerous? Prof. Karen Jubanyik comments on the mask-optional policy, COVID booster shot, and the monkeypox.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Dave S Ybp

Lack of really caring.

Original review Sep 15, 2021

For several years I have been with Southwest Medical. Until recently I have always been treated as a person who needed their help and appreciated their help.

Things have changed. Although I admire and appreciate the help of my Doctor, who I respect, either an overload of patients or a newer way of operating has not only changed the level of care but, resulted in a lower level of caring about us who rely on them. Three weeks of contact has resulted in being sent to one person after another with no resolution to my health problem and at times talking with a person who showed no empathy what so ever. I asked only that I be given an very short appointment (before December which I was told would be the first opportunity) with a great Doctor who knows me and has been seeing me for several years.

My problem is not a covid one but rather a breathing problem which, under the care of Dr.

Kaur was controlled. Not being able to talk with the Doctor about a resolution makes everyday uncomfortable.

Pros:
  • Caring professional doctor

User's recommendation: As I am being forced to do...Check other services for your treatment. Not something I want to do but need to because of a current health problem that is being ignored. Being sent from one person to another, without resolve, is frustrating.

Complaint

My children's pediatrician is absolutely the best. But his licensed practical nurse Susana Fredlov on the other hand has the worst attitude.

My daughter went to get a test done for school, being that she had to administer it on her lower arm my 8-year-old flinched and began to cry, and this nurse scolded her in front of me and had no patience at all. Kids are scared of needles, nurse Fredlov even some adults too, my daughter mentioned she was mean. Second encounter was with my 4-year-old son because he had taken his mask off in the waiting room, when she came to call us into the office she saw the need to yell that he needed to put one on immediately before we proceeded inside, now I truly understand Covid times, but you don't need to yell, so the whole waiting room can hear you.Wowo hear.

yBetteoou. timeht

Guest

Have a word with the practice manager.

Doctor/pa/rnp

went in to get help for multiple things including mental health issues. walked in saying still having these thoughts. answered yes. didnt even tal to me or anything and said i have to call 911. i walked out
Cons:
  • Do not try to help
  • Associates not being helpful no symphaty

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: avoid

About

Summary

Southwest Medical Associates is the company that is dedicated to providing clients with the best health care. Southwest Medical Associates was started in 1972, when Anthony M. Marlon, MD first established a private medical practice in Las Vegas, which today happened to become one of Nevada's largest multispecialty medical groups. The association includes Health Care Centers (many also have onsite laboratory and radiology services), Urgent Care Clinics (five urgent care clinics, including one that is open 24 hours) and Surgery Center that all are located conveniently throughout the Las Vegas Valley and Pahrump. Established in 1982, the Southwest Surgery Center was the first to be certified by Medicare in the state of Nevada as an ambulatory surgery center. The programs offered by Southwest Medical Associates include Anti-Coagulation Clinic, Breast Care Program, Heart Failure Clinic, Hospitalist Program, Pain Management and Wound Care.

Southwest Medical Associates reviews and complaints

Southwest Medical Associates is ranked 410 out of 3921 in Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers category

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article